Millbrix Avenue, G14 0EP Website
Blawarthill Church was established as a Church Extension charge in 1940 to serve the then new housing area in west Scotstoun. Meeting first in a hall church, the sanctuary was opened in 1964. It was the first time that a congregation of the Church of Scotland had received the shell of a building, and completed it themselves by voluntary labour. The prominent metal cross on the chancel wall was made by Messrs Barclay Curle, Shipbuilders, and gifted to the church by a former works manager. The entire church could proudly claim to be "Clyde Built".
Throughout its life, Blawarthill has been surrounded by pockets of significant social deprivation, and the congregation has always taken seriously its commitment to alleviate poverty in the community. Its main outreach is currently through its Glasgow NW Foodbank, run with the support of the Trussell Trust.
In recent years the congregation has developed close links with St Columba Gaelic Church through shared use of the building. For Presbytery planning purposes, both congregations are part of the NW Glasgow cluster of churches.
Our church service is at 11 a.m. every Sunday. Full details of all activities can be found on the website, which is kept regularly up to date.